Spike: can't install due to Xcode issue

gorman100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all

Just a heads up for anyone using Spike and the Cydia Impactor to install/re-install on iPhone: it's currently not working.

I've been using Spike with the Miao Miao for a couple of months now, and it's an amazing bit of kit. The only real issue is the need to reinstall Spike once a week on the iPhone. Although annoying, I've previously just worked with that. Today the Cydia software is displaying:

"Upgrade to Xcode 7 to continue use"

Except that I'm currently using beyond Xcode 7.... A quick internet search has revealed this is a new issue due to Apple incompatibility and an upgrade is needed for Cydia Impactor. Until that happens, you can't reinstall or install Spike with the Impactor!

If anyone knows of any reasonable work-arounds for this issue, I'd love to hear them - otherwise, it's a case of waiting until the software is updated. My advice would be try to avoid reinstalling Spike until this is resolved - which is what I wish I had done!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The only option is to switch to the manual install method, apparently.

bitoftlc

Hey,

I’m new to this forum – but have just stuck on my first MiaoMiao (V1) and I’m trying to figure out what’s the best app to work with it?

Is it Spike? And if so, did you manage to find an update on this? Thanks