1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Spots

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Jane1980, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Jane1980

Jane1980 · Member

Type 1, does anyone else get spots, big spots, no head maybe describe more of like a boil?

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello, like acne? I know cystic acne is very painful and takes forever to heal.

3. Jane1980

Jane1980 · Member

No, they are about 2cm in size and bloody painful x

• Hug Hug x 1
  4. Jane1980

Jane1980 · Member

I go through spells of getting them, but starting to really get me down now as they hurt a lot

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Jane1980 . Simple answer is no.
    But a lot if us all have things that are often difficult to figure out.
    Is there a specific time when these spots appear? Slightly high sugars, hot or cold days, daytime or evening, certain meals, stressful times.
    How long has this been going on? Recently, could it be an age related issue? Could be reacting to your insulin?
    Where do the spots appear? All over or just certain areas.?
    Perhaps if you could us a bit more information then someone might be able to advise or help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jane1980

Jane1980 · Member

I haven’t noticed if it’s specific times they appear, they always seem on be the back of my legs at the top or on my tummy, it’s super weird, they are so painful, I’m going to call the nurse tomorrow!
    Maybe it’s an age thing, I just don’t know and out of ideas, hence my posting on here

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It does sound strange. Hopefully the nurse or a doctor maybe will be able to have a look and come up with some answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook