Stacking insulin

steveo4

I've noticed that I've recently started getting a lot of insulin but being absorbed as quick as it used to and is stacking up a fair bit. I'm using the insight pump has any one else experienced this before?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you mean its not being absorbed as quick?

Do you constantly rotate your site?
xx

Reactions: himtoo

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you checked your sites to make sure they aren't becoming lumpy etc, are you pre bolusing? How long is it taking to work? and is it only when you eat? xx

steveo4

That's correct but the pump I have advises you how much insulin there is that hasn't been absorbed from your previous dose. Like I say this has never happened to me before. If I change insulin then I won't be able to use this pump. The insight only takes novo rapid pump cartridges as far as I'm aware.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As Kim says it estimates how much insulin you still have on board, not how much hasn't been absorbed, I don't use a pump but sounds very much like the Accu-Chek Aviva Expert BG meter in regards to it giving me bolus advice and then if I test say an hour and a half later it says I still have x.xU insulin on board, the only way to notice absorption issues would be if your bloods were abnormally higher for a longer period of time, not because your pumps estimating your IOB

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had many Omnipod failures often no insulin going in / or not absorbed. Have tried changing site but same problem today . Fast increase in BG I seem to need to allow at least 1 hr before any reduction. Using actrapid insulin. Stacking occurs as I try to correct if no change in 2-3 hrs give insulin by Novopen and change pod. Finding this very difficult to cope with. Hypos at night lasting up to 6 hrs occurring too. Feel awful for 2-3 hours /severe headache and sluggish. Will reduce night time dose by 10% ,

Last edited: