Started on a pump with insulin!

ausasha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks so much guys. Slowly the problems are reducing and I just hope they solve the problem soon! It's been great here with the support.

I normally eat a snack before bed, but my nurse will be in touch tomorrow morning. I have started to write down the levels and the times as well.

Novamix, humalog, novarapid and lantus have all given me lumps, really red and they stay for 3 days, sometimes it was hard to find a new spot to inject. That doesn't sound good though Gaz-M. Glad your problem was solved.

Reactions: 4 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Still have a snack even if just for tonight, and I'm sure they will get you an insulin that will not cause the problems you have had. The first night can be very hard and a worry but after that you will be ok. Thankyou also I have only been on the pump for 6-7 weeks and still getting settings sorted BUT feel alot safer if you know what i mean

ausasha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Oh well you're doing great then too! I didn't know it would take more than a month. Yeh definitely safer, I agree. I'm not too worried though after reading a lot of information on here and other sites, I feel more relaxed. I had to remind myself not to take Lantus and for once I felt relaxed. Good luck to you!

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
and to you :) it is taking me a long time I know not to many lows or highs but wanting it just right. Maybe it is me expecting to much to fast

good luck to you too

Reactions: 2 people

ausasha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
and to you :) it is taking me a long time I know not to many lows or highs but wanting it just right. Maybe it is me expecting to much to fast

good luck to you too

Maybe...I was told though that it will take time and not to expect anything too much.

I don't know if this will help but I write poetry to express my feelings, hope it encourages you. This is a new 1 that I wrote, and sometimes I refer to it to help me.

To pray for something

That is much needed.

Receiving it, a surprise,

One wonders is this real?

Reaching out, you touch it,

Finding it’s real.

Emotions run so high, so fast.

What is it you feel?

How do you feel?

Happy, sad, content, angry, anxious

Screaming to the ends of the earth.

Next day, you realize,

This whole time you wanted this.

Hard to believe,

But forced to accept,

Tears of joy flow.

Realisations of this hits hard.

Prayers, answered after

Long periods of waiting.

You start to smile,

No longer a prisoner to the emotions.

Freedom, you walk with pride and joy.

One step at a time,

Trusting in these prayers.

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Good luck and I am sure you will soon writing poetry about how you love your pump.