Starting Insulin

Elthea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Boo... you would not believe how much that has helped... feel more positive now, and ready to continue x

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You're welcome pet - just remember that you're moving positively in the right direction.

Adding insulin is something new that the body has to adjust to and changes to your BG will need adjustment too. I went on insulin in the middle of March and started low carbing just before that once I knew that I would have to start insulin and it's only this week - week 8 I think - that I feel settled and actually starting to feel better. I got very discouraged when I still felt lousy and didn't feel I was making progress, when others talked of boundless energy and feeling great. So it's not necessarily an overnight fix, but you know that your diet and the insulin will both be making the positive changes that you need, even if it feels like you hit the odd hiccup en route.

I always lose weight in physiologically implausible chunks - I'll be static for a month then appear to lose 4 or 5 lbs overnight - so I do get frustrated in the stuck phases when I know I've made the appropriate efforts. The long term trend is what matters - your efforts are an investment in a better long term future.

Elthea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weighed myself again this morning and I've lost half kilo from Saturdays weight.. so yesterday must have been water retention or something, like you said BooJewels. So feeling much more positive today and will ignore yesterdays weight all together.. and refrain from weighing myself more than once a week in the future!