totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Im switching from lantus to toujeo..any tips
im on 42 units lantus and was told to start on 36 of toujeo as been told most people need less but from what I've read most inject the same?
I don't want to be having bad hypos as im home alone for a week
Any tips from you lovely lot

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Hey totsy, I'm starting toujeo soon too & was told to use the same dose as I am on Lantus with Toujeo. Though injecting twice with antus to just once on Toujeo (complicates it I know!!) I'll need some info too, so will keep an eye on this thread!!

richyb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cold weather
I am on toujeo for the last 2months
I was on Levimer 16units + 6 units at night, With Toujeo take one daily in morning of 15. I don't like it much as it seems to vary a lot and also takes a long time to adjust dose. This is because once you make a change it takes at least 3 day's to have full effect (with me think this is more like 5 days)
Also with Levimer I could adjust the day and night dosage. Only reason for coming off Levimer was poor injection sites. It did improve my sites as it is tripple strengh but now my sites are slowly getting worse again. My humulog I also take has been altrered to double strengh.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Started this am so will let u know how it goes

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
I've been on Toujeo for 2wks now & things are going very well. My BGs are 98% in range now despite interrupted routine & eating habits. Have adjusted dosage twice now to control BGs better & so still learning. All's good

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk