1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Starting toujeo ,any tips

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by totsy, May 27, 2016.

1. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Im switching from lantus to toujeo..any tips
    im on 42 units lantus and was told to start on 36 of toujeo as been told most people need less but from what I've read most inject the same?
    I don't want to be having bad hypos as im home alone for a week
    Any tips from you lovely lot

2. B583

B583 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey totsy, I'm starting toujeo soon too & was told to use the same dose as I am on Lantus with Toujeo. Though injecting twice with antus to just once on Toujeo (complicates it I know!!) I'll need some info too, so will keep an eye on this thread!!

3. richyb

richyb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am on toujeo for the last 2months
    I was on Levimer 16units + 6 units at night, With Toujeo take one daily in morning of 15. I don't like it much as it seems to vary a lot and also takes a long time to adjust dose. This is because once you make a change it takes at least 3 day's to have full effect (with me think this is more like 5 days)
    Also with Levimer I could adjust the day and night dosage. Only reason for coming off Levimer was poor injection sites. It did improve my sites as it is tripple strengh but now my sites are slowly getting worse again. My humulog I also take has been altrered to double strengh.

4. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Started this am so will let u know how it goes

5. B583

B583 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've been on Toujeo for 2wks now & things are going very well. My BGs are 98% in range now despite interrupted routine & eating habits. Have adjusted dosage twice now to control BGs better & so still learning. All's good

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook