Statin Alternatives

metallurgy

I had the muscle allergy to Simvastatin only 36 hours after taking the first tablet. I had to stop taking statins immediately and have been told not to take them ever again.

As I had high lipids, I was prescribed Ezeterol, generic name Ezetimbe. This controlled the lipids but in turn created or encouraged high triglyzerides. This were very high and were worrying the consultant.

Due to other health problems I started to take Eskimo Brain Sharp Cod Liver Oil tablets. At the start of taking them my cholesteral was 6.5, after taking them for 3 weeks it dropped to 4.3.

The doctors were very impressed and now, and only now, they thought of prescribing Omacor a synthetic Cod Liver oil capsule. My cholesteral has been stable for over 3 months now at around 4. Sadly, I have not been able to find out the triglyzeride level as the GP does not routinely check this as it is too expensive!

I hope that this will help others as statins can cause some really troublesome problems.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i too had to come off statins and have been on ezetimibe for 3 yrs now with good results, i think if you have problems with any drug its worth taking an alternative :D