STATINS. Anyone found a good one?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
If there have been no clinical trials (there have, Rory Collins is sitting on the results of his industry sponsored research) then why choose to take that drug?

If he’s sitting on the results, and his research was industry sponsored . . . Nuff said.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When first diagnosed with diabetes I was offered stations by my GO when I politely refused the only thing that he said was that not everyone gets side effects !Never been mentioned since
Carol

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Tabby07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was given Simvastatin and then Atorvastatin both made me feel ill with flu like aches and pains so I stopped taking them. I mentioned this to my cardiologist who said that as a diabetic I should take one and recommended Rosuvastatin 5mg. My GP keeps trying to put me back onto the others no doubt due to the cast. Anyway, I do not have any side effects sp I’ll keep taking them.

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
Hello I've always refused to take statins .A few years ago i had a phone call from the doctors .telling me they were putting on a statin .I'd had a routine blood test a few days previous .I said is my cholesterol high she it is a bit .Then she told me i would suffer from aches pains ,and i would have to have liver function test test. i said i get enough aches and pains without taking statins.No thank you. Later on i went to see the doctor . My cholesterol reading from the hospital was 6.3 In the meantime i bought an Accutrend GC meter I tested my blood the reading was 6.3 the same as the hospital result.I told the doctor i was not going to take statins ,no chance.i started taking Benocol yogurts .After a few weeks my cholesterol dropped down to 5.3 In 2016 the last time i saw a doctor .She got really nasty when i refused to take statins.I told her i would sort my own medical problems out where possible. I've never been back to the malpractice.So far so good.I cured my type 2 diabetes without a so-called doctor in sight I have been diabetic free for over a year now .All my many complications have cleared up .What a difference. I feel as if i have been given a new lease of life

Last edited:

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
It all depends on your cardiovascular system.With cardiac infarct and 4 stents (diabetes 2) I have no choice but take prescribed statins without even contemplating their benefit.As always - lesser evil.
Agree that for someone with known heart disease then statins benefit you however interestingly the reason why is not known but its got nothing to do with lowering ldl cholesterol. You may be interested to hear cardiologist Aseem Malhotra (UK based) view on stents also...http://doctoraseem.com/ and also on YouTube.

Suzypooh77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Vegetables, arguments, being alone, my health
I'm taking Simvastatin, I've been on them many years now with no side effects and perfect cholesterol levels. I take 40mg at night and I'm happy with them.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm taking Simvastatin, I've been on them many years now with no side effects and perfect cholesterol levels. I take 40mg at night and I'm happy with them.

Same here, but I'm wondering if my aches and pains are age related or statin related..................? May ask about Rosuvastatin though instead.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My cholesterol levels fell from over 7 to just over 5 when I sent lower carb higher fat
Carol