wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Napolyon1 said:
I'm getting stabbing pains in my feet would you say this has to do with taking Statins?

Could be but, I've been off the things for few years now and get that foot thing now and again, more likely T2 causing it imo :?

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My dentist reckons being on statins can raise blood sugar levels and mimick type 2, I have been on simvastatin 10 years.

Ben

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've been taking Simvastatin (20mg) for 4 years now and have never suffered from any side effects.

Tootse

Ben said:
I must be one of the lucky ones. I've been taking Simvastatin (20mg) for 4 years now and have never suffered from any side effects.
I was diagnosed June this year and my doctor put me on (40mg) simvastatin immediately. When I asked why such a high dose, considering my cholesterol level was 4.6, she replied that the 10mg & 20mg are ineffective.

Needless to say I now believe the negatives outweigh the positives and stopped taking them. I haven't told the doctor yet...

wellwell1212

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Liars and cheats
Tootse said:
Ben said:
I was diagnosed June this year and my doctor put me on (40mg) simvastatin immediately. When I asked why such a high dose, considering my cholesterol level was 4.6, she replied that the 10mg & 20mg are ineffective.

Needless to say I now believe the negatives outweigh the positives and stopped taking them. I haven't told the doctor yet...

Probably best to just keep humoring them, I'm sure some of them are on a cut from the Drugs barons :roll: