Type 1 Sticky needle

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last night I was injecting levemir into my thigh using a brand new BD 4mm needle when it got stuck in my skin. Twisting it didn't help and tugging just raised a cone of skin. Eventually I just yanked really hard and it came free fortunately with the needle still attached, phew! Never had this happen before, wondered if it's happened to others? And if it's likely to be the needle, something under skin or whatever? Appreciate any thoughts.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi col101 don't know what happened there I have been injecting for 44years and can't remember anything like this happening before I have had a couple of needles break in my skin one I got out and other had to go to a and e to get it removed did you have a good look at the needle which you removed was there any signs of damage to the needle very interesting post. Let me know if you find out more.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @col101. No I've never had an occurrence like you describe, very strange indeed, be interesting to see if anyone else has had such a problem.
Strangest occurrence whilst injecting for me was not actually insulin but a doctor administering a steroid injection in to my shoulder. He put the needle in and started to depress plunger when all of a sudden POP and he got totally covered in steroid, never did figure out what happened but needle was ok it just seemed that steroid exploded back out of injection site.

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies. Needle looked clean and undamaged, think I'll have to put it down as one of those oddities and just hope it doesn't happen again

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
How ghastly.
Never ever happened to me.
The only oddball thing happened recently when I placed the needle into the pen and the needle touched the plastic so when I screwed it in it didn't go into the rubber.Thankfully when I primed it nothing came out so I started again.

Tony