1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sticky Seitan (or spicy)

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by WuTwo, May 18, 2019.

1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I make seitan fairly frequently and we have worked out that this is our favourite recipe:

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-tenders/

Very quick to make and yummy. Also, I have a little library of marinades and coatings to use with the stuff.

So, from the same site comes:

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-bites-sticky-garlic-buffalo/

On the two sites given you can choose American or metric measurements, and the page does print out. You can also choose how many servings you want your recipe to serve.

I am going to make one some pieces with the sticky garlic coating and another with a sticky BBQ one. The seitan pieces and the marinades keep nicely in the fridge she says, so I'll make them tomorrow and cook them on Wednesday.

I'll need to have a mega seitan making session because I want to make a second batch of the tender seitan mix, then fry it as small pieces coated a light batter. This can form the basis of Sunday's meal, with a huge mixed salad. I found a recipe for the nuggets in May's edition of Vegan Food & Living but in fact I'll use the seitan tender recipe up to the point where I form the seitan into small balls, then I'll use the recipe in the magazine for the batter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I stored the seitan pieces for this one and plan on cooking them tomorrow.

It's such a quick and easy recipe!

Makes me wonder why I always thought seitan was difficult to make and bought it instead. Mine is so much nicer than the bought stuff!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook