Sticky Seitan (or spicy)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I make seitan fairly frequently and we have worked out that this is our favourite recipe:

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-tenders/

Very quick to make and yummy. Also, I have a little library of marinades and coatings to use with the stuff.

So, from the same site comes:

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-bites-sticky-garlic-buffalo/

On the two sites given you can choose American or metric measurements, and the page does print out. You can also choose how many servings you want your recipe to serve.

I am going to make one some pieces with the sticky garlic coating and another with a sticky BBQ one. The seitan pieces and the marinades keep nicely in the fridge she says, so I'll make them tomorrow and cook them on Wednesday.

I'll need to have a mega seitan making session because I want to make a second batch of the tender seitan mix, then fry it as small pieces coated a light batter. This can form the basis of Sunday's meal, with a huge mixed salad. I found a recipe for the nuggets in May's edition of Vegan Food & Living but in fact I'll use the seitan tender recipe up to the point where I form the seitan into small balls, then I'll use the recipe in the magazine for the batter.

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I stored the seitan pieces for this one and plan on cooking them tomorrow.

It's such a quick and easy recipe!

Makes me wonder why I always thought seitan was difficult to make and bought it instead. Mine is so much nicer than the bought stuff!