1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Still being bullied

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by W.bubble13, Jan 10, 2018.

1. W.bubble13

W.bubble13 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    I’m still being bullied at schoolboy a girl called Evelyn. I had a meeting the first day back and they moved me 3 lessons and she has moved 1. The first few days it was dirty look and she was staring at me but now it gone back to verbal bullying and my mum has a meeting with the head teacher on Friday but I don’t know how much more I can take. All I want is to zone out but I can’t everyday I cry. From the moment I wake up I can’t wait to come home.

• Hug Hug x 1
    #1 W.bubble13, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:40 PM
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. knipster

knipster Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's awful! Well done for getting others involved and starting to get the situation under control. I wish you the best in the weeks ahead xx

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Acorncap

Acorncap Type 2 · Member

Please keep strong bully's are ignorant people with nothing better to do Hopefully your Mum will be able to get something sorted at the meeting wishing you all the best

• Like Like x 1
  4. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

hiya lovely !!!! it is so terrible that you are going through this
    totally radical thought --- have your mum ring the people at THIS MORNING ( holly willoughby and philip schofield )

have her explain you are being bullied and that you have type 1 to deal with as well -- it could just start a revolution with bullying and could get you the help you need

please do keep with us -- we do know and understand
    xxxx

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. NewTD2

NewTD2 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

6. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

Drag the other parent in and threaten the school with action unless they take some.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rox000

Rox000 · Well-Known Member

Hi most schools have a “no bullying policy” which states that the school SHOULD act at all times if bullying is happening.
    1. find the policy (online or on your schools website)
    2. Make an urgent appointment to see a staff member in administration..not a head teacher a vice principal would be better. They should have a little more power...to make things happen quicker. Please go with your parent.
    3. The least they could do to start is remove you from ALL the classes this person is in with you and change your timetable...its not a solution but a start and thats not hard for them to do..i do often lol...
    4.The vice principal needs to meet with the student giving you problems and their parent/carer to determine the reasons as to why they are doing this.
    5. Schools are very individual as to how they treat bullying...some take their time and some are very quick to act.
    6. Be proactive and be present if it is happening during school is there a safe place at school like a student services office you can report to??if you dont feel safe?
    would love to know how you get on ...keep strong bullies are generally the one with the problems not you....remember that x

• Like Like x 2
  8. W.bubble13

9. W.bubble13

I can’t because I will be bullied by my old school peers

10. NewTD2

NewTD2 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I would ask your parents to have a meeting with your headmaster asap!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. W.bubble13

My mums got one on Friday

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bananas 2

Bananas 2 Parent · Well-Known Member

Bullies are emotionally impaired and either see you as a soft target or are pathologically jealous of you. One thing bullies have in common, is they vastly overestimate themselves.

I had a bully problem when a freshy in HS... tall and overweight guy twice my size in the next grade up. I got fed up and confronted him with "what's your problem?"... didnt back down. Ended up wrestling on the grass... I held my own, having athletic experience, and no one really won or got hurt, sort of a draw....but he never bullied me again... and no one else messed with me later either, given his size, as there were plenty witnesses. Of course, things were different back then...a few decades ago.... no one ratted and no one got in trouble or suspended. That might play out differently today...

If you are experiencing verbal bullying, then perhaps learn some humorous countering techniques -- bullies cant deal with being laughed at. Sometimes we need to learn how to defend ourselves, verbally and emotionally, a skill that will empower you for life. If they see you as a soft target, projecting strength may deter them. If you can determine if she is jealous of you, try the unexpected, and pay her a compliment (if you can find one).

But if the situation is untenable and threats of physical violence, yeah, get the the authorities involved. You may be dealing with a psychopath.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook