Still in remission

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And how do you manage that remarkable achievement?
I use Samsung health to track my carb intake every day. Occasional treat perhaps once a week
Cut out a lot of stuff I used to like such as pies, pasties and cakes. Crustless bread which is expensive but quite low carb, lots of salad which I grow myself and the rule regarding veg which nurse Grace taught me. Above ground good, below ground bad.

• Winner
Reactions: Daphne917 and MrsA2

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use Samsung health to track my carb intake every day. Occasional treat perhaps once a week
Cut out a lot of stuff I used to like such as pies, pasties and cakes. Crustless bread which is expensive but quite low carb, lots of salad which I grow myself and the rule regarding veg which nurse Grace taught me. Above ground good, below ground bad.
Fine, keep it up.

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

It strikes me the crust less bread achieves that mostly by having smaller slices! 18 slices in a 400g pack of crustless, 14 in a pack of the normal stuff...

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It strikes me the crust less bread achieves that mostly by having smaller slices! 18 slices in a 400g pack of crustless, 14 in a pack of the normal stuff...
Yes you are right but it tastes far better than the hovis low carb bread which I originally tried but found it hard to get in many shops and was around the same price.

Reactions: Daphne917

Angela64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
T2 and PAF & now Haemochromatosis!
I make my own bread in a bread baker. I use wholemeal and white, put about heaped tbs of mixed seeds as it may help with carb quantity.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just the right size for making cheese and ham toasties!

• Funny
Reactions: CatsFive