Still Need Help

Cosy

I have been on Metformin for a good few years now also some other medication forget name think it is Glicazide and Stiglazide - something like that. I have always had bother with sudden need to run to the loo four or five times a day with what I have been told is the Metformin. I asked my GP to change to slow release a few weeks ago but there did not seem to be any change. I stopped taking it for a few days (I know I should not but needs must to give my stomach a rest) it was great not having to run to the loo and have 'normal' stools. The only thing was my readings went up so I have gone back on it again and sure as fate loo problems started again. The thing I would like to know is has anyone else had this problem as bad as this and is there another medication that I can ask my GP about when I go for my diabetic check up on 14th February that does not have a lot of 'other' side effects. I am still not being a sensible eater so not in control but I will get there eventually. (birthday this week and people bought me chocolates !!!) I have had Type 2 for about six years you would think I would have it under control by now........!! Thank you for any advice.

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You really do need to take control of your diet as if you don't you will get more meds, then injections and possible complications.

Sorry to sound so harsh but just read all the success stories on this forum from others who have permanently changed their lifestyles, lowered their BG levels and come off meds altogether.

We can all help you get the motivation and guide you on the correct foods to eat and avoid but you need to find that inner resolve and get going.

Keep asking questions on here. It really is the best place for help from people who have been there before. Good luck.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App