still not losing any weight

alison m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
cruelty to any animal or human, not being able to eat sausage rolls and pies any more,
Thanks for all your replies, I appreciate your support. I hope to get an excercise byke next month to get some exercise, but as for today well, its hubby's 61st birthday, just had the most glorious chinese meal and a couple of bacardi's, I thought oh what the hell, it wont hurt this once, took my BG before the meal and it was quite low for me at 5.7 I am normally in the high 7's to high 8's, two hours later and guess what, BG reading of 16 omg, so yes it did hurt this once but is was so yummy, thats the highest reading I have had since I started testing, quite scary to say the least, tomorrow back on the salads for me :roll: :oops: It's such a shame I wont be able to eat celebratory meals like that again :(

WhitbyJet

Alison - there are still plenty of celebratory meals you can have that wont cause such a spike, dont lose heart.

I know how you feel, I never forget a wedding I attended first time after I started low carb, I thought I had made some reasonable choices from the buffet, etc, only tiny bit of dessert and cake, I cried buckets later when I tested 21.4, not in my wildest dreams did I think that ti would be this bad.
At the time I was still taking Gliclazide, Metformin had been stopped because of kidney disease - makes me shudder to think back.
All the best, and happy birthday to hubby :)