Stomach cramps

Nanaclaire

Hi can anyone help with advice, last few days I am experiencing dreadful stomach pains after eating to the point I feel I don't want to eat . I am type 1 diabetic with heart disease I only take insulin nova rapid 3 times daily & split dose levemir I am also getting cramps in calves wen I walk could this be cholesterol tabs tho been on them a while , I have been on different cholesterol tabs over the years & they did the same , any suggestions grateful thanks nnanclaire

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Statins do cause problems for some people, if you've had to try different ones because of the side effects then it could be them. I'd go to your GP and discuss it with him/her. You may need to try another different one or even come of them for a while to see if the symptoms disappear. Hope you get to the bottom of this quickly and start to feel better.

Ann

Nanaclaire

Went to see a GP on Tuesday ( not my usual dr) give me diff tabs for stomach some kind go gastro problem connected to diabetes so far so good had first proper meal today, wasn't impressed with this dr must say didn't seem interested in the issue with cholesterol tabs told to make app with normal GP tried but in hols for next 2 wks hence was in so much pain in my legs I have stopped taking it no pain & that's just in 2 days will get app wen my GP back off hol ( hope I done right thing but couldn't put up with pain any longer