Stopped victoza

jollyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Had my victoza stopped due to world shortages. Just wondered how other people coped with rising blood sugars/stopping side effects. Many thanks

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

glittergirl_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi. Had my victoza stopped due to world shortages. Just wondered how other people coped with rising blood sugars/stopping side effects. Many thanks
Had to stop Victoza due to the shortage and blood sugars have climbed to higher levels than before I started the Victoza.!

• Hug

Belzedar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, it sucks. I stopped taking Ozempic when my pharmacist told me he couldn't quarantine a reliable supply until well into next year. I use a spreadsheet and the Estimated Average Glucose calculation to keep a daily track on my hBA1c so I could see immediately that it was climbing quite quickly increasing my hBA1c by almost one per cent. But I made a greater effort to be more rigorous with my carbs and exercise and I'm getting back to where I was. That took about a month.

jollyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, it sucks. I stopped taking Ozempic when my pharmacist told me he couldn't quarantine a reliable supply until well into next year. I use a spreadsheet and the Estimated Average Glucose calculation to keep a daily track on my hBA1c so I could see immediately that it was climbing quite quickly increasing my hBA1c by almost one per cent. But I made a greater effort to be more rigorous with my carbs and exercise and I'm getting back to where I was. That took about a month.
Thanks for message. It's only been 9 days off victoza and daily bloods morning jumped from 6 or 7 to 10 before food. Binge eating disorder back with a vengeance. Walking 35k steps daily and feel lucky that I can. The hunger hormones seems worse than before victoza. Gonna try my best but that drug was a life/game changer. Lost 5 stone and got hba1c from 84 to 40 in 6 months. Terrified i will go back. Many thanks very appeciated