Stopping Trulicity

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on Trulicity and many other diabetic medications in December 2017 when my sugars had gone out of control 12 months following the untimely unexpected death of my husband. We had been together for 48 years and had recently moved to Tenerife to grow old together and nine months later he was gone. I am definitely suffering from all of the side effects and have decided to stop the Trulicity myself. Obviously I am deep in grief but my life is getting intolerable, diarrhea 2-3 times a week, sickness every 2 weeks, feeling unwell, fatigue, indigestion, nausea, gas, bloating!!! I was just wondering if anyone else has come off Trulicity how long did it take to feel any difference in your body. I am also on insulin, Synjardy and Metformin so am absolutely totally fed up and exhausted. Plus many meds for hypertension. I have lived with IBS for over 40 years and was totally shocked when they put me on Trulicity but as my sugars were so high I felt I ought to take the meds as I did not want any complications from high sugars but after 14 months I have had enough. Added to all of this I am on my own in a foreign country without my lovely supportive hubby.

Reactions: DavidM at 67

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Am disappointed that I have not received any responses to my querie, surely there is someone on here who has experienced stopping Trulicity. I have no support over here in Tenerife and sadly was hopeful of posting on here but sadly to no avail. I know there are some medical people on this forum so thought I would get something back. Have been on this forum for many years now, am just disappointed and disillusioned.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am disappointed that I have not received any responses to my querie, surely there is someone on here who has experienced stopping Trulicity. I have no support over here in Tenerife and sadly was hopeful of posting on here but sadly to no avail. I know there are some medical people on this forum so thought I would get something back. Have been on this forum for many years now, am just disappointed and disillusioned.

Hi Jude
It's pretty unlikely that any medical person would give you advice on an internet forum. It's also part of the forum rules that we cannot advise as to reducing or changing medication. That may be why no-one has yet responded.
As you know many of us control our T2 with diet alone so you might possibly be better off on the Forum on Diabetes.org.uk
I'm loathe to send anyone there but in your particular case you may find more members who are on different medications who may be able to give advice.
You may find this thread interesting too

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/coming-off-trulicity.158127/

if you put "trulicity" in the search box at the top of the page there are other threads too.
Hope that helps a bit.

Susiemoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was put on Trulicity and many other diabetic medications in December 2017 when my sugars had gone out of control 12 months following the untimely unexpected death of my husband. We had been together for 48 years and had recently moved to Tenerife to grow old together and nine months later he was gone. I am definitely suffering from all of the side effects and have decided to stop the Trulicity myself. Obviously I am deep in grief but my life is getting intolerable, diarrhea 2-3 times a week, sickness every 2 weeks, feeling unwell, fatigue, indigestion, nausea, gas, bloating!!! I was just wondering if anyone else has come off Trulicity how long did it take to feel any difference in your body. I am also on insulin, Synjardy and Metformin so am absolutely totally fed up and exhausted. Plus many meds for hypertension. I have lived with IBS for over 40 years and was totally shocked when they put me on Trulicity but as my sugars were so high I felt I ought to take the meds as I did not want any complications from high sugars but after 14 months I have had enough. Added to all of this I am on my own in a foreign country without my lovely supportive hubby.
Hi Jude
Hope you're well.
I am new to the forum, I joined some time ago but never really used it. I looked tonight in desperation as I have just started taking Trulicity and was searching for some information on people having side effects. I took my first dose 1.5mg last Friday and was fine at first, a little nausea but bearable. then on Thursday I started with profuse watery diarrhoea, all night and day. I contacted my Diabetic Nurse who advised I take the second dose on Friday as it may settle down. well its now Saturday evening and I'm still experiencing diarrhoea. I have some stomach discomfort and gas, belching. I'm prepared to put up with that so long as the diarrhoea settles. Like you, I was prescribed it as my HBa1C are high and not reducing. I take Humulin 3 as 60 units twice a day. I don't take any oral medication as I have intolerance to those tried. I also take meds for hypertension. If I still have these side effects by next Friday (3rd dose due) I may contact my Diabetic Nurse to ask to discontinue. I was really hoping Trulicity would be my saviour to controlled BG and weight loss also.
Sue

DavidM at 67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Also that you have had no responses. I am only to tell you i have been on Trulicity for about 2 years and I am miserable. Same side effects as you described. Belching severly, cramps, diarrhea, nausea, feeling very unwell, etc. I am going to insist my Dr help me get off this. I have had it with Drs and meds. I will return and let you know if I get off and how.

Edited by mods to conform to forum rules

Last edited by a moderator: