Strange for me

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I thought that I would try the product 4 Finn Crisp. They are like a cracker made with sour dough. I just had butter and some grated cheese on. This is all I have had today as not been hungry. Took my Blood Glucose level 2 hours after and the reading was 4.8 My levels have never been that low before usually around 5.5 or 6 I was expecting my levels to be high. They were left over from Christmas for the family,just wanted to see what would happen if I ate 4 of them.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the value in testing as we are all different and our bodies tolerate foods differently. What was your BS before you ate them.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds delicious! I used to eat so much sourdough. Do you know the carb count for these crackers?

cristis

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saying hi...

I don't have an answer, it's just that yesterday morning I also had my lowest reading ever, and it was 4.8 too :)

Reactions: derry60

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sounds delicious! I used to eat so much sourdough. Do you know the carb count for these crackers?
I think that they are around 3.6.. I had 4 and did not spike me at all...Tried again today and took Bood Glucose test again and I was 5.3 which was still good considering that was after 85 mins of eating them. I have plenty of butter on with some grated cheese, cucumber and 4 cherry tomatoes on the side. That does me for lunch

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was very surprised when I ate them that they did not spike me at all,if anything made my Glucose Levels go lower. Will have them a couple of times a week for a change. Bet they are nice with berries and cream Mmmmm...I can eat berries they do not affect me either. The only thing that you have to be careful of is that they do not cut your mouth lol,quite crispy and sharp edges.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I find butter either before a mela can lower me. The butter slows the carbs and protein. Not sure what happens after two hours though.