Strange hypos

Fayesiec_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello
I’m still relatively new to this (15mths since diagnosis) but I’m having a lot of hypos after meals. I’ve even halved the recommended dose of fast acting for the amount of carbs and it still happens???
Any thoughts?? TIA

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you basal tested? Here's a guide on how to do it - https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/ - the units are mg/dL so divide be 18 to get mmol/l.

Change in stress levels, hormones, exercise levels, weight can impact on the amount of basal needed. Some people find the change in weather/change in the clocks will impact on their basal needs.

Reactions: Fayesiec_

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Note that not all carbs are absorbed at the same rate, depending on what you're eating you'll want to inject before, during or after eating.

Reactions: Fayesiec_

Fayesiec_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Catapillar-thank you. Why haven’t my diabetes team mentioned this process? I think I read about this technique last year just after diagnosis. I have just started a new job too- but stressful so it adds up. I’m starting the DAFNE course next week- hopefully help. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Fayesiec_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jlarsson- again- thank you. I’m beginning to think I’m lacking in a lot of info. Still a bit dazed if I’m honest. Better start more research.