Strange marks on top of feet

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I've been T1D since November. I've been OK at managing the BG levels (and A1C came down from 132 to 40). However, in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed these little red marks which are like small scabs as though the skin has been scratched, along the top of my right foot. They seem to follow the lines of veins. Any idea of what might cause this? I might worry about it being something diabetes related except for the fact I've not had high blood glucose levels.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I've been T1D since November. I've been OK at managing the BG levels (and A1C came down from 132 to 40). However, in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed these little red marks which are like small scabs as though the skin has been scratched, along the top of my right foot. They seem to follow the lines of veins. Any idea of what might cause this? I might worry about it being something diabetes related except for the fact I've not had high blood glucose levels.

I'm not T1, and don't have issues with my feet, but if you were able to upload a pic to the thread, it could be helpful?

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Not the greatest photo, bit these are what I'm referring to.
20180305_082210.jpg

K

Katie Pod

Bertyboy,
It's difficult to say what those marks could be from a photograph but they look superficial to me.

I would advise you to make an appointment with a Podiatrist for a check up, just to put your mind at rest.

If you use a private one make sure they are Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council. There are a lot of practitioners in the market-place claiming to offer diabetic footcare, but not all are regulated.

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
It's always good to check your feet every day, even when your BGs are good, as issues can still occur despite that, and I don't think medical science can yet explain why.

If you still have these marks, you might want to get a health professional to check them out. Better safe than sorry with our feet, IMO.