Strange question - Applying for a house

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey guys,

I'm not quite sure how or what to say, so please bare with.

I have recently moved jobs, I'm now working in a direction from home which should (according to maps/tomtom etc) take no longer than an hour drive. Because it doesn't take into consideration the M1 it can often take up to 2 hours each way. When I get in the car in the morning now my bg start rising as I start getting stressed, I can see this on CGM. I have increased basal to try and counter with not much luck so far.

I'm looking to move house as I love the job, I cant afford to buy outright as prices are double what I currently have due to area. I've seen and fallen in love with a new shared ownership house which is in massive demand.

I have already jumped through all of the hoops to get considered for this house. Would you mention that it would improve your health by being closer to work?

I feel mixed about it (shouldn't use D as excuse etc) but its the truth. thoughts?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would tend to use quality of life rather than health. My reasoning would be we can't control or manage how people interpret improving your health.

Reactions: Engineer88

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Engineer88 ..
Short answer .. yes, use every tip, trick, device at your disposal .. short of flat-out lying, of course. My reasoning .. everybody with whom you are in competition will be doing just that so don't jeopardise your chances ..

I actually have some interest in this concept of shared ownership. More years go than I care to remember, the process was not by application .. it was first come, first served. The properties .. 40 in total .. were to be released at 8.00am on a Saturday morning so, along with a few dozen other folk, I queued up from about 9.00pm on the preceding Thursday evening. I had a camping chair and a couple of blankets .. and a steady supply of tea, soup etc from my family (bless 'em). I was third in the queue when the doors opened and, happily, got the actual house that we preferred. It was a real pain in the b**t but worth it because we had about eight good years in that "happy home"

Sorry, I've just realised that this is nothing at all to do with your question .. so all I can do is wish you the very best of luck :happy::happy:

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If this is with a good housing association or the local council then yes, go for it, but if it's a private landlord the mention of health might be a no no.
Best of luck with it. Even the housing association shared ownerships round our way work out too expensive for many (Cambridge).

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all so much for your help. I was so unsure what to say or if to say anything.

It's very much a housing association and from what I can see a good one.

I've managed to sell my current place tonight (first viewing) so that's another hurdle out of the way!

I will write an email on Saturday containing everything including the reasons for moving (eeek!)