Strange Readings

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting reading this morning 6.2
Breakfast 2 eggs, 1 hour after breakfast 5.6, and 2 hours after breakfast 6.2, and 3 hours after breakfast 6.7, water only to drink, why would this happen after eating only 2 eggs? I'm one point off being pre-diabetic, so I need to understand please.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I don´t think it can be explained for sure, usually the dawn phenomenon stops after eating a protien rich or for some only after eating a very fat breakfast and then the numbers stabilize.... I can´t say why your numbers kept rising after breakfast ...
maybe try to eat a more fatty breakfast and see if that changes anything..

how much did you eat the day before all in all grams of proteins and grams of carbs..?. if one eats a lot more proteins than one need the liver can transform proteins into glucose too...

how high are your numbers right now in the evening ?

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My breakfast was at 3pm lol, as I am nocturnal, so my last reading was not long ago. Yesterday it was just eggs too, but as an example 03:30 this morning whilst awake on night shift nocturnal, it was 6.0, so yes perhaps the liver is now turning just the protein into glucose, as that is all I will feed my body. Thank you.