Type 2 Stress and BG

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi,

I'm pre-diabetic teetering on the edge of type 2 and a bit of a stress-head.

How quickly does stress translate into high BS? Is it more or less immediately or a few hours later?

I was under some stress this morning and I went from 6.1 (fasting, not stressed, had breakfast soon after) to 9.2 (2h30 later, stressed). My post-breakfast morning values are never normally that high.

My breakfast was "fromage blanc" with defrosted mixed berries (it's the first time I've had the mixed berries), which I don't think would have caused that high a spike but I will test the same food another time under less stressful conditions.

Are those of you affected able to manage your stress? I've been thinking about starting yoga...

xx

C

catherinecherub

Depends what is causing the stress really.
I know from previous posts that your husband is poorly at the moment, you have been shocked to think that you are pre diabetic and I am sure that there are other stressors in your life.
I don't worry about the things that I cannot change but find that any forum of exercise and some me time help alleviate my stress. I do Tai Chi and that seems to help me.
I am sure other posters can tell you what they do in times of stress.

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Depends what is causing the stress really.
I know from previous posts that your husband is poorly at the moment, you have been shocked to think that you are pre diabetic and I am sure that there are other stressors in your life.
I don't worry about the things that I cannot change but find that any forum of exercise and some me time help alleviate my stress. I do Tai Chi and that seems to help me.
I am sure other posters can tell you what they do in times of stress.
Hi, thanks for your reply :) I get stressed very easily, it's quite annoying physically feeling the stress rise up. If it isn't my husband's injury and my pre-diabetes then it would only be something else. I guess something like yoga, meditation or Tai Chi is in order.