Stress and Blood level 1.7

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I’ve been under a lot of stress lately because I’m being bullied at school. I was off school yesterday and I was calming down from all the stress and I stared to shake so I tested my bloods and it was 1.7. I know that stress can affect blood sugar levels. But I’m just wondering is anyone else has any tips to help with my blood. The bulling is getting worse and the school dose nothing me and my friend both walked out of school because of the bully who’s getting other people involved and tell me and my friend that she and another person wants us both dead. I’ve had metal problems this year with my diabetes and the bullying and the stress that comes with it really doesn’t help

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @W.bubble13 ,

Sorry you & your friend are experiencing these incidences of bullying at school..
Have you logged these events of time/date & regarding what is said or done, then put in a formal complaint?

Regarding your bloods.. Are you a pumper or MDI?

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well I’ve logged them so has my friend and my mum and her mum the school don’t care my mum had rang the school every day this week.

I’m a BM

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before I give you any tips on managing your diabetes. Please please please get some help for the bullying. If the school is doing nothing, go and bang on your head teacher's door. The governor's should hear about this, and if you're still not getting listened to then scream OfSted in their ears. They'll listen to you then. I understand that it would not be easy for you to do this, so perhaps your parent/carer could intervene here. Your health is suffering because of a bully and you could take them to the cleaners legally if you're put at risk because of their negligence. You need to be brave and make some noise. Good luck. If you're having consistent lows then keep eating during this hard time. It's better that you run high for a short period of time what this gets sorted, rather than crashing low. Take care!

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I'm so sorry your being bulled, please keep complaining until your listened too. Do you have a lot of hypo's?
Hope the bully is excluded from your school.
Your very brave
Take care

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
A written complaint listing dates, times and events needs to be sent to the school. Consider sending it to the Chair of Governors. Most schools don't like to think or accept they have any problems with bullying etc, so as a last resort say you are going to the local press. That should get them thinking and acting fast!

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for all your advice,
My mum has been phoning up the school and she walked up their last night my hard of year when to another member of staff who knows me well and said can you take this on because I don’t know what to do about it.
I only had the one hypo and my head of year said to me how’s that to do with the girl

It’s gotten to the point where me and my best friend have had to walk out of the school grounds to get away the school say the don’t tolerate bullying but they has done hardly anything to stop

Arlmy

Thanks for all your advice,
My mum has been phoning up the school and she walked up their last night my hard of year when to another member of staff who knows me well and said can you take this on because I don’t know what to do about it.
I only had the one hypo and my head of year said to me how’s that to do with the girl

It’s gotten to the point where me and my best friend have had to walk out of the school grounds to get away the school say the don’t tolerate bullying but they has done hardly anything to stop

Hi
I’m really sorry to hear about you being bullied - as a parent ,I know what that feels like - my daughter was bullied in a grammar school and the school only got pro - active when I took the complaint to the local police station where the Police officer was brilliant with my daughter
Ofsted and the governors should support you too.