mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

samantha13

Would just like to say a huge thank you to you guys that took the time to advise me on this topic. In the past week iv radically reduced my bg levels and feelin an awful lot better for it. I kno it's a long journey and will be a difficult one but the help and support on this forum has been immense! Thanks again :) xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you.feeling better :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Sameer

Yes these guys are great !!!
Thankyou all from me too
And happy for Samantha !!

Newly diagnosed taking insulin novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 units at night , have issues in late night snack very lazy always get high sugar in morning from 130 to 140
Sent using Iphone .

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I sympathise. My own job used to send my sugars sky high in the morning and gave me zero time to deal with it. It was no kind of a job. Looking at all the replies posted, there's lots of good advice, probably the best is checking levels with your meter as ofter as possible, and reacting to your levels with a correction dose if the trend is upwards. However, don't overdo it, you don't want to be hypo either.
Certainly, consult your diabetes team about your basal dose and your morning bolus dose. I'm sure exercise might help you overall, but it's not practical while you're at work, nor is it recommended when your sugars are already too high as a result of stress. If you get a morning break, try to make time to test and sit a while. Ha, I never managed it!
Good luck!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Exercise is not reckmmended anyway for levels over 12..