Stress and this condition

Heblady

I work with homeless on a refief basis ( doing 24 hours shifts at a time) I had a really scary night on Saturday..I lost control of the whole thing..I just felt so weak and scared ( tis a very scary job anyway :( ) I felt as if my body temp was going mad...shaking, sweating etc//I never slept ..we get an 8 hour sleepover ( dont get much sleep) Slept last night for 12 hours..I feel today as if I have been hit by a bus :oops: Is being less able to cope with Stress a part of diabetes ??? Any tips?

I feel now like walking away from this job ( I do have another self emplyed work...just wanted something to get me away from the house and retired husband :lol: ) I work ALONE at this homeless place

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Regardless of medical problems if you're unhappy or at risk in a job I'd say get out! But would the loss of that income cause more stress?

Edgerton

Knowing you routine working hours, I am shocked that you have diabetes and your tough job, how you have been surviving in past. I think you should quit your job and concentrate on your self employed business.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi. try and make some YOU TIME out for yourself, see then if BG levels come down ?
You and your health must come first!
Let us know how you feel after you had some YOU time out for yourself.
Anna.x :D

iainmay

My levels are pretty much under control during the day but I am noticing that if i'm having a particularly tough day though they have a tendency to rise. It's only a few results at the moment but im struggling to think what else it might be.

Heblady

anna29 said:
Hi. try and make some YOU TIME out for yourself, see then if BG levels come down ?
You and your health must come first!
Let us know how you feel after you had some YOU time out for yourself.
Anna.x :D
Was away for a few days last week at a wedding ( danced the night away :D ) I felt SO much better and normal to be away from stress :D have done another ( stressful) shift this week and I am well..think I just overdid all the hard graft ( 7 days a week) needed that break
Thanks all who replied