Struggling parent

mariamack1

I know exactly what you are feeling. My son was diagnosed in October 2012 age 11. It was devestating for me, and I hate to admit that I took it bad, didn't know anything about T1 or what to do, and then felt extremely guilty "who was I to be upset when it was my son having to deal with this". A little background - I also have a daughter age 8 with epilepsy, we are a single parent family and have no friends or family support. It was really tough, still is a lot of the time. We now take each day as it comes. Adam is amazing, only had a couple of down days, but he is a very happy and optimistic child anyway. The three of us work through everything together, my daughter even counts carbs herself! I still cry a lot of the time, but while the kids can't see me. I feel guilty, probably always will. I do wish I could take it all away from both of my children, but life just isn't like that. My kids need to know that they are no different from anybody else and that T1 or epilepsy doesn't need to change them. We cope ...... together. We live life ...... together. We are happy ...... together. You are absolutely a normal caring parent, but it does get easier. xxx

Tinytot

I know what your going through. My three and a half year old son was diagnosed with type 1 last week .It is so upsetting. I feel the same and its horrible. Hope it gets better. Thinking of you and your little one.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App