Struggling, sugars still very high but can't get my head straight

lrostron

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nuts, cheese, tea and coffee
As others suggest , if you get a meter then you can see what agrees with you because what works for one person may not work for another .

I find that adding herbs or fresh ginger stops me getting bored of low carb food. For example adding chives to scrambled eggs . I experiment , sometimes it is is a success and other times ar not so good.

Sugar free sweets often have sweeteners which have a laxative effect and I expect could be a source of the tummy trouble. 90% chocolate is low carb and can be quite palatable and gives you that chocolate high and do not have the sweetener. Alternative snacks are crackling or olives ( as you do not like nuts or cheese). Berries such as strawberries and raspberries are low carb and taste sweet and quite filling if you add cream. Frozen raspberries are also quite nice and cheaper, I do not recommend frozen strawberries as I find them a disappointment.
Thank you, I do use a meter but probably not as often as I should, my fingers get sore :-( Thank you for your suggestions I'll give them a go

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I do use a meter but probably not as often as I should, my fingers get sore :-( Thank you for your suggestions I'll give them a go

If you use your meter before you eat and 2 hours after first bite, you can judge for yourself whether that food harmed your blood sugars. It will help you gain control of this condition, which has to be better than a few sore fingers.

If your fingers are very sore, are you using the lancet properly? There are different depth settings and maybe you are using the wrong on, and also do you stab your finger at the side or at the tips? Most people find stabbing the tips hurts more. Personally, I don't.

lrostron

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nuts, cheese, tea and coffee
If you use your meter before you eat and 2 hours after first bite, you can judge for yourself whether that food harmed your blood sugars. It will help you gain control of this condition, which has to be better than a few sore fingers.

If your fingers are very sore, are you using the lancet properly? There are different depth settings and maybe you are using the wrong on, and also do you stab your finger at the side or at the tips? Most people find stabbing the tips hurts more. Personally, I don't.
Thank you, I do stab my fingers at the sides and try and keep the settings low but if I go too low then it doesn't penetrate. I'll just keep trying