Struggling to get hba1c under 56 mmol

Millie74

I did an all beef January at the start of the year.. didn't go for 10 days.. got slightly worried.. took some magnesium citrate. Completely normal production the morning after but hardly any waste at all...
Wow. Never heard of all beef. Sounds hard core. I haven’t heard of magnesium citrate either. Did you feel ill after ten days? It’s hard to know what to do now having watched that film. I think I’ll need some fibre, but his research suggest otherwise.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. Never heard of all beef. Sounds hard core. I haven’t heard of magnesium citrate either. Did you feel ill after ten days? It’s hard to know what to do now having watched that film. I think I’ll need some fibre, but his research suggest otherwise.

There are a few of us who eat a mainly meat based diet (carnivore).

Magnesium is a major ingredient in laxatives so if you get worried about constipation its a reasonable "cure".
I always think adding fibre to an already congested intestine is like driving more cars into a traffic jam... doesn't make much sense.

This is the one I have on hand..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-...rate+powder&qid=1567763004&s=drugstore&sr=1-3

A teaspoon in some water before bed usually is quite enough to get things moving!

Reactions: Millie74

Millie74

Hi. Have been thinking more. Does anyone know whether being on contraceptive pill would affect blood sugar control. Been on it for years. Nurse says it’s fine to be on pill and metformin. Have reduced hba1c from 96 to 56 mmol and lost weight. Not sure if anyone has experience of this?