Struggling With Out Of Target Bloods

charliemann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have been given target to stay within before and after I eat and I’m struggling to get my bgs down. Am I the only one to struggle. My hba1c was 6.8 in jan and my highest high has been 11.

I’m frustrated but also worried about the baby xx

Reactions: Yvonnie

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Congratulations on the pregnancy :)
What levels have you been given to stay within? What insulin regime are you on? ie do you carb count and bolus for your carbs? What has your DSN said to you?

DON'T panic.....it can all be sorted :)

Yvonnie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It can be done!
Very early days for me and I had regular readings between 12-18 two weeks ago
This week they’re mostly under 6

I’m 7 weeks, T2 IDD in Levimir and Novorapid

Get in touch with DSN straight away and they should support you straight away

Reactions: charliemann

charliemann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all! My target are 3.9-5.3 before a meal and 4.0-7.8 after a meal I carb count so been trying to have carbs I can be exact with or as little as possible. My nurse is great I can text her whenever I need to just was wondering what it’s like for other pregnant mums. Xx

charliemann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It can be done!
Very early days for me and I had regular readings between 12-18 two weeks ago
This week they’re mostly under 6

I’m 7 weeks, T2 IDD in Levimir and Novorapid

Get in touch with DSN straight away and they should support you straight away

Congratulations to you too and thank you! I will keep going! X

Reactions: Yvonnie

charliemann

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on the pregnancy :)
What levels have you been given to stay within? What insulin regime are you on? ie do you carb count and bolus for your carbs? What has your DSN said to you?

DON'T panic.....it can all be sorted :)

Thank you I just worry about the baby xx

Reactions: porl69

eabhamurphy

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have been given target to stay within before and after I eat and I’m struggling to get my bgs down. Am I the only one to struggle. My hba1c was 6.8 in jan and my highest high has been 11.

I’m frustrated but also worried about the baby xx
Hey! I've just had my second child last week. I'm T1 on a pump. It can be super super hard to keep in range. And really stressful but you just need to do your best and make adjustments when you see you have has hypos or highs after certain activities or foods.
Both my little boys were born healthy. My first at 38w2d at 7lbs13oz but due to stressful labour,my high blood sugars due to overcorrection of hypo and ultimately a rapid emergency section he had hypoglycemia when born which was unpleasant but didn't require special care or anything.
My second last week was 39w2d via planned section and he had apgar score of 10 at birth despite my diabetes.
I definitely had some highs throughout my pregnancy (more than 11 on occasion) and it is totally impossible to be in range before and after every single meal.
If you have a high just correct it, then it comes good after a few hours and you know next time you eat that food etc. Although I think it's human to know you shouldn't do or eat something based on past experience and then do it anyways and then feel badly about it but we do learn eventually. I managed the best hba1c of my life in pregnancy (34mmol) and still felt I was doing an awful job. Mother's guilt! Try not to beat yourself up and try to enjoy your pregnancy. Pregnancy is much harder for a diabetic woman in my opinion but it's totally worth it.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is the most exciting thing in life!!
Xx