struggling working out insulin

manda pops

Dislikes
spiders, football, topgear
did ur eyesight improve once your blood preasure issue was resolved, do you go to a clinic for your eyes.

yes my eyes are sensitive to light too, i find it hard to read light up signs. i dont understand how the thought of not seeing faces helps push you through it.

i went through a spell of not caring again and i was happy and thought **** it unitl i noticed a change in vision again and its all i can think about. the docs dont seem to give me much information just keep saying see you in 6 months x

drumming_blitz

I don't know if the pressure problems ever did stop, I think it comes back every now and then, although never as bad. My sight is getting better with treatment though.

It gets me through it because I think that I can just give up with it or get it sorted and carry on seeing people.

Yeah I know what you mean, I went through that quite bad at college, and starting to get like that again.

They said that to me before i started my treatment (it started off yearly appointments)

manda pops

Dislikes
so sight can improve? what treatments do u get i had laser a year ago. just dont know what to expect anymore. x

drumming_blitz

It can improve. I have had two lots laser treatment. I have then had 2 out three injects in my left eye and 1 out of 3 in my right. IT sounds horrible to hear what can possibly come next, buts its not as bad as it sounds. The treatment is painless and takes about 10 minutes in total (eyes drops to numb the eye and then about 30 seconds o get the injections).

I hate telling people that. IN fact before I had my first one done, I panicked and started to have a panic attack before I went in and had a break down. I wish I had known how unscary (Non-scary?) it was.

Before I had mine done I was told horror stories by people who had no idea what they were on about. One person told me I would have an eye patch on for at least 24 hours. But none of them were true.

manda pops

Dislikes
aww your so strong, so how is your vision then is it still blurry, mine comes and goes some days its good others bad just dont know whats going on.

i have panic attacks too when im out on my own and struggle to get thru one day at work bymyself, really dont know how to deal with it x

drumming_blitz

Its much better now. Like you said, it comes and goes, I can deal with it most of the time when its bad. I know what you mean, does your sight get to the point where you can't focus?

Oh no, that's horrible. I would get them when there was a trigger, such as being late. I just ignore, or put stuuf to the back of my mind, that I have no control over. I don't know how you deal with it.

If your ever having a bad day or need to talk about anything, drop me a message and let me know whats going on.

manda pops

Dislikes
thank you so much.

sonetimes its like writting or print outs are fainter than normal and things dont have a solid edge so hard to explain but yes i have found that i was unable to focus for a bit then it passes and causes a panic attack. sometimes i can see faces clear and other times not so much other times its close up things that are hard to read and blurry. everyday my vision is different and i have no idea why my hospital alwways say no change from last time.

could this be changes in blood sugar? x

drumming_blitz

Mine stays with me for quite a while but its basically what you said.

There may no be changes to the eyes because that is permanent (if no treatment is given it is). Blood sugars seem to effect everything depending on what they are like so I can imagine that the changes are effecting sight as well. I do find that higher blood sugars do seem to effect my sight.

manda pops

Dislikes
what other vision problems do you see. are your hospital confident that you wont loos your sight?

drumming_blitz

Just what you listed and its bad I quite often find it hard to see different shades properly.

Yeah, I've had great improvement in my left so far, they showed my the diffences between pre-treatment and now.

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
you should be snacking between meals to keep your readings even i usually have a light snack at 2100 with hot drink that way you can be sure not to have a hypo at night