srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would message and give a brief update.
I have spent the last three months working on a deadline for work - today is it's final day. The impact generally has been huge, first was the huge amount of stress I felt which impacted negitively on the blood glucose readings, then as the time went on the readings did not fall and I began to really struggle to keep to the LCHF.
Consequences are I have gained 5kg over the last three months, stress levels have remained high and so has the impact on blood glucose levels - very frustrating.
Now hoping that as this evening is the deadline that tomorrow I may begin once again to get my life and my blood glucose levels back on track.

It all feels a bit like everything is against you at times when trying to get good control over blood glucose and diabetes.

I have never really managed to break the carbs cravings - I do not always find enough time to do enough exercise - Still after today I am hoping I can manage to get back on track. I am hoping for a lovely warm summer where I can manage to eat lots of salad and try to really get beyond carbs cravings and to lose more weight and not just the 5kg I have put back on.....

Thank you all for being there for me since my diagnosis and for the support you have sent to me by replying to my posts.

Reactions: PattiT

PattiT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's good to have a definite date to draw a line and start afresh, refreshed. Good luck with the new regime - we all feel better when the sun is shining.

Reactions: dbr10

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I feel your pain @srobertson06 I reckon probably the majority of the people who use this forum have similar struggles - I know that I do from time to time. In fact I cannot be moderate about food or exercise, it's all or nothing for me but I now recognise this fact and factor it into my diabetes management i.e. I don't beat myself up but just pick myself up and start again when I'm ready and able. My feeling is that you will do very well when your stressful time is behind you. The very best of good luck :happy:

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Thank you for your support - much appreciated. Today so far have completed 75% of my daily steps so hoping I can get to 100% today - an improvement already - taking every single positive aspect of each day to help me to stay focused.

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Aaawwww don't give up keep at it. You will find your way again. I went through a similar situation to you and have now come out the other end. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and thinking of you.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I am extremely irritated with my computer printer today...small thing, I know, but I bet my BG is going up as the desire to throw the printer out the window conflicts with the desire not to waste all that money :) I hope you are feeling better soon and that the project turns out to be a roaring success.