Student Finance / Open Uni Study

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm 41 and very much want to take up a part time degree with the open uni after having completed OU studies before (finished 2011). I'd have to sign up for student finance to pay for it. I've looked into this quite a bit and know that I wouldn't start paying for it (currently) until I earn £25k, so I'm unlikely ever to pay it, or not very much ;)

My only concern is if the goalposts massively change in future and the repayment threshold drops considerably. However, as students will be/are a huge part of the electorate, I can't see a situation where politicians decide to change this.

Anyone here currently studying with the OU? Have you taken out student finance, are you worried about any future impact?

Thanks, Sal

MargaretR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Sal

I’m an OU associate lecturer (ie tutor). If you go on the OU website for new students there is a link for Finance. If you run the cursor over that it flashes up Talk to an Advisor. I’d suggest that you contact them. The advantage is that the student advisors are really up to date with current finance regulations, and things do keep changing.

Best of luck

Margaret

Reactions: Peppergirl