Stupid weather messing with insulin sensitivity

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At least you don't have Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in your weather, preventing you from getting any more insulin or keeping what you already have cold. Here, I'm in the outer rain bands of Irma.
And we're dealing with evacuations from devastating wild fires...insulin is the last thing on most people's minds in my tiny corner of the world.

I've been thinking about how to respond to these two posts over the past couple of days.

I understand that dealing with natural disasters like this is a whole different ballpark that comes with its own struggles and life threatening complications. I've personally done everything I could to help diabetics out from across the other side of the world because I understand how horrific it would be if I were in the same situation.

That said, I don't think hijacking my thread and derailing it to tell me I'm 'lucky' is appropriate, or nice, or productive in any way. My issues are not less valid or less important because I'm not dealing with diabetes in the aftermath of natural disasters. I'm still dealing with a condition that could be fatal in mere hours if I make mistakes. I struggle too. I sympathize heavily with your situations and wish you the best, but please refrain from derailing other people's topics to imply they shouldn't complain because you've got it worse. There are diabetics in the world who will never, ever in their lifetime have access to insulin and will die within weeks of developing the condition. I'm sure it would be inappropriate to tell you that you're lucky you're not among those people even though you're really struggling right now, so please don't do it to others.