SubDermal Scar Tissue from Injections

joannaharwood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been diabetic for 22 years, I only this year got the insulin pump which has been amazing but had 21 years before this of around 6 injections a day so have a lot of areas of lumpy injection sites due to not rotating my injections enough when I was much younger.

I had a Dr's appointment about possibly getting them removed as I am now running out of spots for my cannulas for my insulin pump, but apparently nothing can be done on the NHS as its seen a cosmetic surgery.

Does anyone know about any other options for these awful large lumps all over the place?

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been diabetic for 22 years, I only this year got the insulin pump which has been amazing but had 21 years before this of around 6 injections a day so have a lot of areas of lumpy injection sites due to not rotating my injections enough when I was much younger.

I had a Dr's appointment about possibly getting them removed as I am now running out of spots for my cannulas for my insulin pump, but apparently nothing can be done on the NHS as its seen a cosmetic surgery.

Does anyone know about any other options for these awful large lumps all over the place?

sorry i have the same problem i think you will it part of the muscle
arms no go area legs not so bad and stomach is the only place but have done injections for 60 years plus
think you will find nothing much can be done ..
o i know somebody who has had a PANCREAS OPERATION still going
well after 11 years good luck vic
that means no more injections but lumps still stay