1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

SUCCESS!!!! I've been awaiting this...!

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by 22nw22, Feb 1, 2020.

1. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Finally, something I was longing to do at home...or maybe not...happened.

After so long, I finally gained enough confidence at home, at school I've been doing this for ages..

I had already been doing home injections of degludec and my own blood sugars but now I've gone a step further,in fact, more than one.

I calculated the insulin with my carbs (finally I did it at home) and then I set up the insulins, dialled up the units, into my legs go some insulin. Finally. I feel more confident.

All mum had to do was tell me the insulin does, 10.5 U novorapid for my dinner and 25 U degludec and I was roaring to go. Even did two shots in two legs at once. #feelingbrave
    I felt like I owed mum something after she got me Frozen 2 cereal and a Frozen 2 CD.

Now that's something to tell my diabetes psychologist.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Robkww

Robkww · Well-Known Member

Well done to you and well done to mum - great job!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook