1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Success

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by woollygal, Sep 14, 2019.

1. woollygal

woollygal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So took all my food and I didn’t eat anything naughty.
    Friend has sweets and fruit and biscuits and brownies but I refused all of them.

Took so much food a lot of it is wasted but I don’t care because I’ve stayed good.

Think my lunch was bit carb loaded because I had salad with avocado and tomatoe and was an 8 something (don’t know what I was before) but 8 is quite high fir me. Although to be fair hadn’t taken meds last night so I’m happy they stayed under 8 before that!!

Feeling very tired now but that’s because it’s such a long day. On mini bus going home is still away to go!!

But overall am very very happy! Think I ate more than I needed to but was a bit nervous about the late night and long day.

But I’m happy I didn’t break the diet!

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  2. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations- that is great. Now you will. be less nervous the next time.

3. woollygal

woollygal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you

Wasn’t easy and was very tempted by the sweets stuff but I managed not too so very happy

4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good work. It gets easier as time passes. I laugh in the face of sweets and treats these days. None of it even seems like edible foodstuff to me, so there is no willpower or temptation involved at all. It takes a while though. You've made the first move and it only gets better from now on :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done, you must be feeling pleased with yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

Good work Cana. You really are making strides here. I'm sure it doesn't feel like it, but soon many things will become second nature.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook