1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Such a bad start to the day!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Chloesnavy, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Chloesnavy

Chloesnavy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

should make a pump where it also has glucose in it as well as insulin haha! I don't have the pump though

2. Chloesnavy

Ooooooo I'll be fine ear plugs :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh you star - fab news re trial day!

:):happy::):happy::)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

.... Or "smart insulin" that backs the hell off when the job is done? ;)

5. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Chloesnavy . Well done on the interview, all that stress beforehand and you still pulled through.
    Did you get chance to check your BS at or shortly after your hypo at the interview?
    Reason I ask is that I've had similar experiences over the years where I've had time to get stressed out prior to an event that takes me out of my comfort zone.
    During the event the actual fear of going hypo has actually made me feel like I'm going hypo, only to do a BS test and find I'm actually fine even a bit high, because like you I've eaten prior to the event just to be sure.
    I definitely think fear of going hypo in certain situations creates hypo like symptoms.
    Of course if you did check your BS and you were low then ignore everything I've just said.:):):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. marktype1

marktype1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This is a very good point. Kinda related in a way but I have had adrenaline rushes (for example when I was knocked off my motorbike) in the past that have shared exactly the same symptoms with a hypo and when I have checked, my sugars have been between 8 and 9 mmo/l.

7. Chloesnavy

Yes this happened to me! I checked my blood and it was 8... But beforehand when I was stressed it was 19. So maybe I had a drop? I'm not sure but it was annoying. It made me feel self conscious the whole time haha

8. Chloesnavy

This app is so confusing I keep replying to the wrong things D: but yes I think this is what happened! As beforehand I was 19 and then afterwards dropped to 8... It felt so odd and made me feel self conscious haha **** diabetes

9. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

all your replys look good -- will tag @CaptainEarle to look at ease of using the forum on an app :)

10. Chloesnavy

Thank you

11. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I struggle with the app too, so when I'm using the forum on my phone or tablet I tend to just use my web browser so it looks like it does on the computer. I get in such a pickle otherwise!

:joyful:

• Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook