Such a bad start to the day!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
should make a pump where it also has glucose in it as well as insulin haha! I don't have the pump though

.... Or "smart insulin" that backs the hell off when the job is done? ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Chloesnavy . Well done on the interview, all that stress beforehand and you still pulled through.
Did you get chance to check your BS at or shortly after your hypo at the interview?
Reason I ask is that I've had similar experiences over the years where I've had time to get stressed out prior to an event that takes me out of my comfort zone.
During the event the actual fear of going hypo has actually made me feel like I'm going hypo, only to do a BS test and find I'm actually fine even a bit high, because like you I've eaten prior to the event just to be sure.
I definitely think fear of going hypo in certain situations creates hypo like symptoms.
Of course if you did check your BS and you were low then ignore everything I've just said.:):):)

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad blood sugars, not being able to eat chocolate fudge cake.
Hi @Chloesnavy . Well done on the interview, all that stress beforehand and you still pulled through.
Did you get chance to check your BS at or shortly after your hypo at the interview?
Reason I ask is that I've had similar experiences over the years where I've had time to get stressed out prior to an event that takes me out of my comfort zone.
During the event the actual fear of going hypo has actually made me feel like I'm going hypo, only to do a BS test and find I'm actually fine even a bit high, because like you I've eaten prior to the event just to be sure.
I definitely think fear of going hypo in certain situations creates hypo like symptoms.
Of course if you did check your BS and you were low then ignore everything I've just said.:):):)

This is a very good point. Kinda related in a way but I have had adrenaline rushes (for example when I was knocked off my motorbike) in the past that have shared exactly the same symptoms with a hypo and when I have checked, my sugars have been between 8 and 9 mmo/l.

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is a very good point. Kinda related in a way but I have had adrenaline rushes in the past that have shared exactly the same symptoms with a hypo and when I have checked, my sugars have been between 8 and 9 mmo/l.

Yes this happened to me! I checked my blood and it was 8... But beforehand when I was stressed it was 19. So maybe I had a drop? I'm not sure but it was annoying. It made me feel self conscious the whole time haha

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1

This app is so confusing I keep replying to the wrong things D: but yes I think this is what happened! As beforehand I was 19 and then afterwards dropped to 8... It felt so odd and made me feel self conscious haha **** diabetes

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
all your replys look good -- will tag @CaptainEarle to look at ease of using the forum on an app :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I struggle with the app too, so when I'm using the forum on my phone or tablet I tend to just use my web browser so it looks like it does on the computer. I get in such a pickle otherwise!

:joyful: