Such a thing as low carb bread or snack bars?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just had chicken tikka and home made salads for dinner. I really miss rice and naan breads so have poppadums instead. Because they are light in weight they are low carb. The Sharwoods ones I am looking at now are 3.2 carbs each. I eat them for a snack or a crisp substitute if I am desperate!
Cauliflower rice and here's the naan recipe - 3g for 2 pieces
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-naan-bread-with-melted-garlic-butter/servings/2
I added Nigella seeds to my mix to make it more 'naan like'. Texture can be a bit crumbly but they taste good.

Reactions: Chook

HappyasLarry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I may be clutching at straws but are there such things as low carb bread or bars/breakfast bars that are commercially available? Or are they a myth like the tooth fairy lol? I've obviously heard of Atkins but don't want to go and buy anything only to find out that I shouldn't actually be eating them. Any suggestions gratefully accepted, thanks.
Asda do a high protein loaf using pulse flours, working out at about 9g of carbs per slice. I love bread (correction - LOVED) and I sometimes like to have two slices as a sandwich for lunch at work