Sudden High reading

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yesterday i was feeling under the weather I noticed in the morning after breakfast my readings were not lowering
even though were exercising, after dinner it went up to 23 so had no supper got up this morning at 6.5 what is making my sugars rise like this anyone know??

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Patsy,

Good morning.. Could be a number of reasons why the high..

Firstly, I notice you take insulin twice daily? Did you possibly forget a dose, or start a fresh pen or cartridge later yesterday?
Did you retest after the high reading & was it consistant with the first?

Hope your feeling better today. Being under the weather can have the effect of raising BGs.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
noticed it after breakfast no not forget to take Insulin, tested more regularly yesterday and went to be with nothing to eat which I thought was dicey but oh well, think maybe chest again so will try get into Doctors but might be difficult getting passed the receptionists lol

D

Deleted Account

If you are coming down with something, your body will be releasing glucose to fight off the bugs, this could be what is raising your BG.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
went to Docs BP fine.... oxygen in blood fine...chest a little crackly gave me antibiotics in case i need them yesterday i stuck to a diet and it appears fine this morning as got up on 4.7...thank you all who answered good to know people care and we not alone in our fight against diabetes xxxx

Reactions: Daphne917 and Fenn

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
went to Docs BP fine.... oxygen in blood fine...chest a little crackly gave me antibiotics in case i need them yesterday i stuck to a diet and it appears fine this morning as got up on 4.7...thank you all who answered good to know people care and we not alone in our fight against diabetes xxxx
There are others who care but are too stupid to be able to help (me for one) hehe

Wish you better!