Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hello
I was reading a post about fasting and who should and shouldn't.
The other day i got up and my bg was 6.1- happy days.
I suffer from Bile acid malabsorption on top of Coeliacs so suffer from bad guts.
My guts were in good shape that morning so along with my good bg i took my levimir and had a brew.
No carbs.
Checked my bg during the day at work and still my guts were good so went until tea time ( i am not posh) 6pm and still ok with bg had my evening meal with the appropriate insulin.
I went 24 hours with no food just an odd brew which evidently kept me level.(i use semi skimmed )

I did the DAFNE course about 8 years ago and the main reason was to improve my control however i also learnt how to avoid eating without it affecting my bg.

The sudden thought i just had was my secondary reason for attending the DAFNE had not occured to me until reading the post on fasting.
Why is it called fasting anyway?
Its not a nice word.
In diagnozing my guts and coeliac issues i have had cameras both end and had to avoid food but used less insulin and lemonade to keep my bg level so whilst i was told to fast i didn't as i had lemonade which was ghastly btw.

Do forgive my ramblings i just felt the need to share this with you as people around me can't understand why i miss meals without being ill and my poor wife spends all day feeling hungry so is almost envious of me!

Kindest regards

Tony