Type 2 Sudden unexplained changes!

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning

I have been diagnosed now for some 8 months. Everything is going well, lost a lot of weight, LCHF diet, getting used to it all! Over the last week my BG levels have become erratic 3.5 - 9.1. I have not changed my eating habits and really cannot explain these changes. I have a blood test next week to relook at my Thyroxine levels which are causing a bit of a prob and an HbaAc blood test.
I have this thick head and blurry vision which I assume is due to high BG levels. I am very tired (I teach in a PRU) but I don't think that would justify these results. Could it just be a blip or is it a bit more 'sinister' What can you do if BG are very high?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A couple of suggestions :)

You may not have changed your eating, but have you changed brands? Or have the brands re-formulated?
Any other sources of stress apart from work?
Any chance you are sickening for a cold? That can play havoc!

We do all get blips, but then the high blood glucose caused by the blip has a knock on effect and makes us feel worse. :(

If not, I suggest that your thyroid may well be having an effect - also with the tiredness.

Hope the doc can shed some light.

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 in morning by lunchtime 3.1! Feel a bit bizarre. Rang surgery for an appointment nothing for........3 weeks! I don't go there unless it's for a blood test because it's just a bloody battle. It's half term so I will have to try the early morning quest for an appointment and blood test results and be at the mercy of a receptionist. Maybe surgeries should start a triage system or people start being charged. Maybe that would get rid of the time wasters. I work with an' appointment a week' lady she cannot cope if she not there once a week! Must cost the NHS and other patients a lot of time and mney!!!!!