Sugar craving

paula121s

Hi,

For the last few days I have had a real craving for something sweet. I have so far just ignored it and stuck, mostly, to Lchf diet....although I did have a jacket potato last night! I find this quite strange as I don't have a particularly sweet tooth!

I am type 2 on no meds.

I was wondering what you all do when you get cravings?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Drink more water - this seems to mute all food cravings.
There is a recent thread about hunger which suggests that most of what we think of as hunger pangs is actually mild dehydration.
A big glass of fizzy water with a dash of lemon juice seems to work for me, anyway.
In severe cases, a piece of cheese as well.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Full fat greek yoghurt with a few berries got me through the first few weeks of LCHF. It was my go to fix, I started having it for breakfast but then changed to having it after my evening meal. As the cravings eased I had it less and less. If I used frozen berries it was like sweet ice cream. I have it now as an occasional treat.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I too am T2, no meds. I found that my cravings disappeared after 3 days on a LCHF diet. But no fruit, absolutely no potatoes, no grains. I do find that if I have a glass of red wine, I get some cravings the next day. So maybe stay away from those high carb items, and most definetly increase your water. Very important to drink plenty of water .