Sugar free Jelly

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm at work at the moment with two such tubs in my desk drawer. Hartleys do them... Look for the light blue labels

I had been thinking about that luceeloo, so could you use gelatine packet with say a sugar free squash to flavour it?

I would say so yes. I still have some gelatine so I'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

Reactions: 2 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Will be interested in your results luceeloo.

I will def try the fizzy jelly idea.

I have just found and ordered from Asda ready made pots of reduced calorie jelly in strawberry and kiwi, mango, and apple and raspberry, or something like that. Thought they would make a nice change. My problem is being rural the supermarkets are all slightly smaller so don't have very good ranges.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Know what you mean Lenny, We are at the end of the supply chain and things get "pinched" by stores earlier in the delivery!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
According to what a mgr at one of the local stores told me, yes.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you get ready-made sugar free jelly in tubs? Been looking for them but no joy so far, just the sugary ones.

Most supermarkets sell them - they are Hartleys Sugar-Free Jelly and are available in 4 flavours - cranberry&raspberry, blackcurrant, apple&watermelon and my all time favourite - Mango&passionfruit. They're quite expensive at full price - 60p ish per pot, but often Tesco have them on offer at 6 for £2. Not that I'm an expert obviously ;-)

Smidge

Ali B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its 21.34pm at night...Im in my pit and all I want to eat is som lime jelly!!!!
Thanks you lot!!! lol :happy:

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Well I drove to the bigger town with a bigger tesco and I now have some of the different flavoured pots. Tried the watermelon and apple, nice. Wish they made them in the powder packets they work out so much cheaper.