sugar surfing by Stephen Ponder

Lisbet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Following Dr Stephen Ponder 'teaching' sugar surfing techniques on his Facebook page for a couple of years (before he wrote the book) transformed my approach to managing type 1 and taught me SO much (and I've had T1 for 51 yrs). He is a wise, extremely sensible, non judgemental and supportive clinician. His stuff is very easy to follow and understand. Recommend reading old posts on his Facebook pages to see what you think before getting the book (but the book is excellent!)

Reactions: azure

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You say that nothing seems to work but you haven't tried staggering the breakfast carb yet have you? Basal bolus is only ok to a certain degree so if adjusting the insulin doesn't work, adjust the carb to the action of the bolus
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Following Dr Stephen Ponder 'teaching' sugar surfing techniques on his Facebook page for a couple of years (before he wrote the book) transformed my approach to managing type 1 and taught me SO much (and I've had T1 for 51 yrs). He is a wise, extremely sensible, non judgemental and supportive clinician. His stuff is very easy to follow and understand. Recommend reading old posts on his Facebook pages to see what you think before getting the book (but the book is excellent!)
I have the book but not facebook! I'm considering rejoinging the dreaded thing just for groups though lol