Sugar Tax

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Trouble is the tax is only aimed at sugary pop and totally ignores all the other products that contain huge amounts of sugar if they really want to control the amounts of sugar being consumed it's got to be across the board concentrating on one product out of many aint going to cut it.

I do agree, but a can of pop is handy to hold as is a mars bar, and these companies have made bigger sizes too :eek: Also people aren't going to walk about outside tucking into a jar of honey, jam or Nutella, it's just not convenient:yuck:

Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also why should people suffer just because of someones delusions

Are we discussing the Chancellor as being delusional? If so then this would need its own thread.....

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
JPS I don't understand what you mean by "someones delusions"
What I mean is anyone that thinks a sugar tax will have a positive effect on people's health or obesity is deluded. Losing weight and staying at a reasonable weight takes commitment not just cutting out a bit of pop.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I mean is anyone that thinks a sugar tax will have a positive effect on people's health or obesity is deluded. Losing weight and staying at a reasonable weight takes commitment not just cutting out a bit of pop.
A teaspoonfull of sugar (or 5) makes the medicine go down