Sugars dropping - good or bad - chronic pancreatitis

deepikaneb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI,
I have chronic pancreatitis, recently my sugars are constantly dropping even though i am eating food. I wanted to check if it is due to chronic pancreatits because in this disease the food is not digested properly, i am taking creon as well, so is it possible that even my sugar is not getting digested or getting used by my body efficiently, that is why my sugars are dropping inspite of eating sugary stuff? I have already reduced my insulin dose alot.
PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
Deepika

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HI,
I have chronic pancreatitis, recently my sugars are constantly dropping even though i am eating food. I wanted to check if it is due to chronic pancreatits because in this disease the food is not digested properly, i am taking creon as well, so is it possible that even my sugar is not getting digested or getting used by my body efficiently, that is why my sugars are dropping inspite of eating sugary stuff? I have already reduced my insulin dose alot.
PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
Deepika
Hello,

First of all - I'm unable to help with anything you've asked. But maybe you'll have a bit more luck if you post your thread in this forum section:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/type-3c-pancreatic-diabetes.73/

I think that would be better suited as their are people there who also have pancreatic issues.

Grant