Sulphur Burps & pancreatitis

Jenaly04

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Seafood!!
Hi everyone, I am a newbie so please be gentle, I was wondering if anyone suffers with Suphur Burps and/or Pancreatitis, I am currently undergoing investigations with the hospital I.e genetic testing to find out what caused my pancreatitis last year as I have no evidence of Gallstones and I don’t drink alcohol ( not a drop since been diagnosed with Diabetes 4 years ago). Are sulphur Burps & pancreatitis related?? Can anyone share any experience or advice on this matter thanks Jen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know but I did have a boyfriend a long time ago who had sulphur burbs. He was a classic T1, diagnosed at 14 and in his late twenties when I knew him. So not likely there was pancreatitis involved but a possible connection to diabetes.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi everyone, I am a newbie so please be gentle, I was wondering if anyone suffers with Suphur Burps and/or Pancreatitis, I am currently undergoing investigations with the hospital I.e genetic testing to find out what caused my pancreatitis last year as I have no evidence of Gallstones and I don’t drink alcohol ( not a drop since been diagnosed with Diabetes 4 years ago). Are sulphur Burps & pancreatitis related?? Can anyone share any experience or advice on this matter thanks Jen
Hi @Jenaly04 and welcome to this amazing Forum. I know exactly what you are talking about. In my experience this could be accompanied by mad rushing sensations throughout the gut and usually diarrhoea. This always indicated high blood sugar or a sudden swing in blood sugar. I would find that once the regime was more on an even keel, these incredibly unpleasant experiences would go away. I certainly didn't have pancreatitis. I hope this helps!

Gemwst

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Jen, my husband suffered from necrotic pancreatitis... interestingly when he had his first attack they couldn't find stones either, turns out months later they found them and there was a sludgy appearance to his gallbladder, the tiny stones caused irreparable damage to his pancreas and then he got pseudo cysts around his pancreas. He is now suffering from sulphur burps and malabsorption even with PPIs and ERT it's so frustrating....to find gallstones they had to turn him on his back to get a better view of his gallbladder, I hope they find them for you and if so get that gallbladder out asap. I was searching online to see if anyone else found a link with N.P and sulpher burps to see what if anything helped to relieve the bloating and wind...so thought I'd share to see if this helps you. He also has a peri pancreatic drain fitted, hoping this comes out soon as this may also be aggravating his stomach. Gemma