Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some great diet advice in that article, nothing healthier than a Mediterranean diet! :D

Nigel

slimtony

Judging by the "food" served at my local hospital, the NHS are the last people I'd ask about diet. :shock:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
chocoholicmad said:
NHS Gourmet Food: Lukewarm soup and tasteless sheperds pie :p I jest whenever I've been in its been okay!

I was in hospital for 5 nights back in June and one of the best things was the soup! :shock: Overall I thought the food was fine this time but have had bad experience before.

Nigel

CAT NM

NHS food is often put in the bin. Food waste in the NHS is quite great. Thus food advice from the NHS is just quite difficult to take in. Thus if you give advice you should perhaps set an example in the food that you have. Thus spend increased amounts on food. This is rather than a plate of, at times, if we are honest, rubbish. The food consumed from NHS patients is often not prepared at the NHS. It is from some company that has been contracted to provide food. Thus it is just often heated within the NHS. Thus instead of increased paper pushers there should be an increase in money spent on food. It might be better if there were kitchens within the NHS or if food was from local providers rather than companies. How local is NHS food?